The Truth About Achieving a Satisfying Work-Life Balance
As we reflect on the last year, we want to commend the success of each member of The Astrid community. With the demands of high-stakes careers and dynamic lifestyles, we’re inspired by each person’s dedication to building a legacy, investing wisely, and checking off bucket-list experiences!
Looking ahead to the new year, The Astrid team is here to help you tackle the resolution that’s on everyone’s mind – improving your work-life balance.
In the search for a work-life balance that harmonizes with such a vibrant lifestyle, many high-achievers find solace in the increasingly popular concept of a work-vacation (also known as a ‘workation’).
During a workation, professional responsibilities are combined with the setting, relaxation, and adventures commonly experienced whilst on vacation. This enables workationers to unwind, enjoy time with family, and make unforgettable memories while maintaining their commitments.
As opportunities for remote work increase, now is the time to log in to your next Zoom meeting from a luxurious new location.
The Best Work-Vacation Destination in Colorado
Discover the perfect harmony between work and relaxation from the charming Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Renowned for its authentic Western hospitality, stunning wildlife, and endless opportunities for outdoor adventures, this idyllic destination offers a much-needed respite from high-stress urban environments.
At the foot of Mount Werner, professionals like you can escape the hustle and bustle of city life by enjoying friendly co-working spaces, shredding the slopes on a lunch break, and ending the day with exquisite fine dining. A workation in Steamboat Springs is a genuine holistic retreat, where professional focus blends seamlessly with the tranquility of this mountainside haven.
We’re here to help make your next workation in Steamboat Springs truly unforgettable
Workstations and Co-Working Spaces in Steamboat Springs
Workations begin with flexible, convenient work environments, without the stressful constraints of a regular office. Steamboat Springs offers a range of comfortable, professional settings that allow for a serene work experience.
- Cafes and Taprooms with free WiFi in Steamboat Springs
- Take in the lively atmosphere at Big Iron Coffee with an intense Fair Trade dark roast, or the most delicious decaf cup of joe this side of the Rocky Mountains.
- Enjoy a reduced-gluten beer at Storm Peak Brewery & Taproom whilst you clear your email inbox.
- Treat yourself to seasonal baked goods and a creamy latte at Beard & Braid as you settle down to tackle this month’s financial report.
- Steamboat Social Club
- The Steamboat Social Club is a collaborative working space in Steamboat Springs, featuring an array of open-plan desks and private rooms to suit your unique needs. The industrial interior design, bottomless coffee, and views of the mountain, make this the ideal location to get your creative juices flowing. The club offers various memberships, from single day passes, to unlimited use of the coworking space throughout the year. This vibrant location is a must-see for all workationers heading to Colorado.
- The Ski Locker
- This relaxed co-working space is ideal for professionals looking to feel part of a community, even whilst working remotely. The Ski Locker boasts sound-proof phone booths and private meeting rooms, along with comfortable desk spaces and lounge areas. The shared kitchen offers free tea, La Croix, and coffee to help keep you fuelled up throughout the day. A variety of memberships are available, from day passes, to full time personal desks. This is the ideal location for those looking to quickly transition from work to adventure, as The Ski Locker is a mere three minute walk from Emerald Mountain.
- Bud Werner Memorial Library
- The Bud Werner Memorial Library is a fantastic option for the workationer who requires somewhere a little more quiet. With access to 22 computers, free high-speed wifi, affordable printing services, and a selection of private meeting rooms, Steamboat’s historic library is a much-loved workspace for locals and visitors alike.
Professional Networking Opportunities in Steamboat Springs
No work-vacation would be complete without the opportunity to broaden your professional network. As a world-renowned ski destination, Steamboat Springs provides incredible opportunities to establish international connections, interact with professionals from diverse industries, and attend exclusive events.
- Colorado Green Business Network of the Yampa Valley
- The Colorado Green Business Network of the Yampa Valley is a free, technical assistance and environmental recognition program that works with local businesses in the Yampa Valley area on improving their environmental performance, and recognizing them for their efforts. Professional visitors to Steamboat Springs may be interested in supporting the Network’s collaborative initiatives, community engagement programs, and events.
- Young Professionals Network
- The Young Professionals Network of Steamboat Springs (YPN) is a community development program that’s empowering the next generation of leaders through philanthropy, professional development and networking. Professional visitors to Steamboat Springs may be interested in supporting the YPN through offering workshops, engaging with guest speaking opportunities, and attending networking events.
- Steamboat Springs Chamber
- The Steamboat Springs Chamber is the most extensive professional network in Steamboat Springs. From membership opportunities, to leadership programs, and access to a comprehensive business directory – this is the network that anyone who’s anyone in Steamboat is part of. Professional visitors to Steamboat Springs may be interested in the Chamber’s full calendar of events, hosting an event for the network themselves, or attending the Winter Expo.
Philanthropic and Volunteering Opportunities in Steamboat Springs
Many visitors to Steamboat Springs relish the chance to contribute towards the long term flourishing of the city, by supporting charitable and socially-conscious organizations. Volunteering whilst on a workation is the perfect opportunity to build social capital, create lasting memories, and experience a sense of fulfillment beyond professional success.
The Astrid is honored to support three incredible local organizations who are the heartbeat of the Steamboat community:
- Steamboat STARS – Offering year-round adaptive sports programs that promote independence, self-esteem, and a healthy lifestyle for youth and adults with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, injured Veterans, and their families.
- Steamboat Tennis & Pickleball Center – Supporting the youth of Routt County through mentoring projects, scholarships for junior players, funding school tennis teams, adaptive tennis, and acting as the main advocate for youth tennis in the Yampa Valley
- Old Town Hot Springs Recreation Center – providing recreation and education in aquatics and fitness to the whole Steamboat community.
Our partnerships with these remarkable groups has allowed The Astrid to lay down deep roots in Steamboat Springs. We extend the invitation to those taking a workation to Steamboat Springs, to join us in supporting these fantastic initiatives.
Luxury Vacation Homes in Steamboat Springs
Work-vacations take on a whole new luxurious meaning when enjoyed from the comfort of your tranquil home-away-from-home. Here at The Astrid, we enable our residents to fully engage with all the benefits of working from a vacation destination, whilst enjoying the convenience of all their favorite home comforts.
- Make the most of our top-of-the-range technological integrations and high-speed internet to ensure an uninterrupted work experience.
- Book out our beautifully landscaped common areas for co-working sessions, meetings, or business events.
- Prioritize your time effectively with our on-site housekeeping and maintenance staff who will take mundane domestic tasks off of your to-do list.
- Receive expert, personalized service from our white-glove concierge service so that every aspect of your workation is seamlessly managed.
- Transition seamlessly from work-mode to adventure-mode at our true ski-in, ski-out location right at the foot of Mount Werner.
The Astrid’s private residences provide everything you need to to relax, connect with loved ones, and enjoy slopeside excursions, whilst excelling professionally too!
A Community of Like-Minded Workationers
As Steamboat Springs continues to welcome ambitious individuals to its snowy slopes, The Astrid offers discerning workcationers the opportunity to drastically improve their work-life balance.
As someone who is seeking to find perfect harmony between work and relaxation, we invite you to become part of The Astrid’s exclusive community. Our community is made up of people just like you – people seeking an exquisite work-vacation experience in Colorado, where you can relax and recharge in utmost luxury.
To join our community, simply provide us with your name and email address. By doing so, you’ll be invited to join our exclusive mailing list. As part of this list you’ll gain access to insider information, behind-the-scenes content, and a highly personalized email experience reserved only for members of The Astrid community.